16 Week Update

For this Skype session, we were both VERY excited because we would be finding out the genders of the twins! K was very adamant about looking at the possibilities statistically, which meant that since there is a 50% chance of boy/girl (and 25% for boy/boy and 25% for girl/girl), so I, for one, kept thinking that this was what we’d be having. BUT LO AND BEHOLD, we were in for the surprise of our life! Here is an audio clip of the gender reveal:

When you hear me say that I “had a feeling”, I’m referencing the fact that the week before, I was playing with my cats, Bender and Sketch. They are two boys that we adopted during our IVF treatments, and they have really helped me get through some of the lows of the treatments.

As I was loving on them, a thought jumped into my head, about whether I would be having twin boys, since both of my furbabies unintentionally ended up being boys. So when we heard the news, I was in utter shock the entire day! Soon I will be outnumbered by 5 boys! Here is a clip of our latest ultrasound:


Our surro Juliya said that the pregnancy has been really easy and smooth, although the boys are VERY ACTIVE! They are still measuring a week ahead, so they are big for the 4 month mark, which is great. Usually, twins are smaller than a singleton, but apparently, ours are growing like weeds! Here is a picture of her ever-growing belly:

4 month bump!

We were so happy to hear that our babies are doing well, and that they are also not at risk for Down Syndrome. Slowly but surely, the reality that we will be having two babies sooner than later is sinking in! The focus for this month will be to get everything straightened out on the first floor, so we can move onto the second floor and start on the nursery, which I’ll document here as well.


  • Sara

    Please email me with any information you think would be helpful. My husband and I are very interested in going to the Ukraine for gestational surrogacy. We have been married for 5 1/2 years, and are ready to pursue the surrogacy journey.

    Thank you,

  • Sara Stockton

    I was reading about a journey similar to yours in Kiev. They said it can take up from 3 to 5 months to get the baby’s passports and visas. Is this true with gestational surrogacy, or only if the birth mom is biologically related to the baby?

  • Alexia

    In the next few weeks, your babies will double their weight and add inches to their length. Right now, they are about the size of an avocado. They even started growing toenails!! And there’s a lot happening inside as well. For example, the babies’ hearts are now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day. And this amount will continue to increase as your babies develop. Amazing time, isn’t it?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *